You’ve been with your dentist for years now, and you’ve built a trusting relationship. You recently got a promotion at work that requires you to move to a different state. The job is great, but it means having to say goodbye to your dentist. Choosing a new dentist can be a daunting task, which is why we’ve put together this guide for how to choose a new dentist near Green Hills.
How Do I Find a Dentist?
Whether you’ve moved recently, are unhappy with your current dentist, or simply haven’t been in a while, here are some tips on how to find a new dentist:
- Ask for recommendations from your family, friends, and co-workers. Odds are at least one of them sees a dentist you would like.
- Ask your doctor. Professionals in the medical field often know each other, and your doctor can probably recommend a dentist.
- If you are moving, ask your current dentist if they know someone in the area to where you’re moving.
To sum up, asking people you know is the best way to find a new dentist.
What Should I Consider When Choosing a Dentist?
There are a few things you should ask yourself when you are trying out a new dentist, such as:
- Are they in network with your dental insurance?
- Are they close to your home and work?
- Do their office hours fit your schedule?
- What is their policy on missed or late appointments?
- How do they handle dental emergencies when they are closed? Do they have arrangements with a colleague or emergency referral service?
- What are their cost estimates for common procedures? Think X-rays, cleanings, and fillings, or any other procedures that you think you might need.
- What types of anesthesia do they provide during certain procedures?
Once you have done your research and have decided to visit the office, there are a few more questions you should ask yourself or the staff. These include:
- What are the dentist’s qualifications or experience?
- Is the office clean?
- Do the dental staff wear gloves, masks, and other protective gear?
- Is the staff kind to you and prepared to answer your questions?
- Does all the equipment appear to be up to date?
Choosing a new dentist can be difficult, and it’s an important investment into your future. That’s why it’s crucial to do your research thoroughly to make the best decision for your oral health.
About the Practice
At Advanced Dental Health Center in Nashville, our mission is to create a welcoming, family-oriented environment and make sure your smile needs are met above all else. Our doctors, Dr. Clayton Cummings and Dr. Erin Tao, offer a whole host of dental services, from checkups to tooth replacement and everything in between. To learn more about how to choose a dentist, visit our website or call us at (615)-460-0123.